Giant's Defy Advanced SL 1 brings comfort to the go-fast scene. This svelte, race-ready rig boasts a tuned carbon layup, tall head tube and relaxed geometry that offer new levels of comfort and control. Giant's full carbon OverDrive 2 tapered fork nullifies road buzz and guides you with authority. The wheelset does, too, with Giant's P-SL0 hoops and P-SLR1 tires loving the corners and keeping your rolling resistance low. Plus, Shimano's legendary Ultegra 2x11 drivetrain provides pro-level shifting and braking. Of course, the Giant finishing kit perfectly matches a bike of this caliber.
Giant's Advanced frame features high-quality carbon formed into a frame through cutting-edge construction techniques. Raw T-700 carbon is carefully woven in Giant's own composite factory, then handcrafted into framesets utilizing Giant's advanced monocoque construction technique. This produces a light, stiff and compliant frameset worthy of the Giant name.
In addition to the superior carbon construction, Giant's Advanced frames boast the following technologies to make your ride better than ever!
1. Vector seatpost - in addition to saving weight, Giant's Vector seatpost improves aerodynamics and offers 2 offset options (10mm and 23mm).
2. Custom tubing - Giant layers over 500 individual, hand-cut carbon swatches to fine tune each frame's ride quality. This results in maximum function with wonderful all-day comfort.
3. OverDrive 2 - Giant's head tube and fork steerer tapers from 1 1/4-inch at the the top to 1 1/2-inch at the bottom for pinpoint steering, lateral stability and superb torsional stiffness.
4. Less is More - Giant engineers use Finite Element Analysis so every inch of their Advanced frames have exactly the perfect amount of carbon for the lightest weight with the highest function.
5. Powercore - through the use of an integrated 86mm wide bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays, the Advanced frame features fantastic pedaling stiffness so every watt of effort rockets you forward.
Giant’s RideSense transmitter is seamlessly integrated into the left chainstay to wirelessly send speed and cadence information to any ANT+ compatible computer (the transmitter is easily removed if you choose).
Giant’s OverDrive 2 delivers up to 30%-better cornering and sprinting stiffness and control than non-tapered front ends with:
1/2) 1 ¼-inch/1 ½-inch diameter bearings
3) 1 ¼-inch diameter Giant stem
4) Tapered fork steerer
5) Giant OverDrive steerer plug
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Advanced SL-grade composite, integrated seatpost, electronic ready|
|Fork||Advanced SL-grade composite, composite OverDrive 2 steerer|
|Rims/Wheels||Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Giant P-SLR1, 700 x 25c|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed: 11-28|
|Stem||Giant Contact, OverDrive 2|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Saddle||Fizik Aliante Gamma|
|Seatpost||Advanced SL Composite, integrated design|
|Accessories & Extras||RideSense ANT+ sensor, 20mm ISP clamps|
* Subject to change without notice.