Rain is a part of life, and so long as you're not running the risk of rutting out the trails, it shouldn't deter you from getting your ride in. Granted, you need to be prepared before you head out into the eye of the storm, which is where Specialized's Deflect H2O Comp Mountain Shorts come in.
They're made from 2.5-layer Deflect material that's wind- and water-resistant. Furthering this, you'll find that the seams have been fully taped, which completely prevents the chance of water infiltration at common points of leakage. Along these lines, the shorts also include an adjustable internal rain gaiter, which basically means that you're closing the door on giving water any chance of getting in.
In terms of fit, the H2O Comp Mountain shorts have been left just roomy enough to make layering a breeze. This way, you can where your bib or liner shorts underneath without a problem. There are also side adjustment tabs to dial-in the fit at the waist, as well as adjustable hook-and-loop closures at the hem.
- Deflect 2.5-layer is a woven fabric that's wind-resistant, water-resistant, and highly breathable in order to maintain an effective barrier between you and elements.
- Two hand pockets with watertight, coated zippers ensure safe storage of your ride essentials and electronics.
- Fully taped seams prevent water from seeping into the shorts, while also creating a comfortable feel against the skin.
- Adjustable Velcro closure hem with adjustable internal rain gaiter creates an effective seal that prevents water from infiltrating the shorts.
- Side waist adjustment tabs allow you to dial-in the fit of the shorts with ease.
- DeflectUV 50+ protects the skin against harmful UV rays.
- Relaxed MTB Fit is loose and comfortable, allowing a full range of movement and plenty of room for layering underneath.