Specialized's Rime Expert blends protection, great fit, and confidence-inspiring Vibram soles worthy of trekking the Alps or hitting your local trails. Just the right amount of stiffness is built in for efficient pedaling while still retaining flexible for walking, and the grippy Vibram soles make hike-a-bikes easy. Of course, the Rimes feature Specialized's Body Geometry ergonomics for awesome support and comfort, while the Boa and Velcro closures make it a breeze to find a perfect fit on the fly. With armor around the toes and heels, synthetic uppers and wrap-style tongues that keep the dirt out, the Rimes are sure to be your go-to shoes when your ride is all about adventure.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbed: ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Vibram rubber outsole for unmatched traction and durability.
- Nylon composite internal plate for efficient pedaling performance yet flexible for off-bike adventures: Stiffness Index 7.0.
- Single Boa S2-Snap dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by Boa's Lifetime Guarantee.
- Dial/lace assembly is replaceable in seconds with Snap cartridge system.
- Durable synthetic upper with hard molded toe to handle all mountain abuse.
- Ballistic mesh keeps trail dirt out.
- Wrap-style tongue for comfort, secure fit.
- Standard Fit last for all-day support and off-bike comfort.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals.
- Approximate weight: 435g (1/2 pair, size 42)
In addition to standard Velcro straps, these shoes use the innovative Boa lacing system. The micro-adjustable Boa dials and wire laces evenly distribute pressure for a custom fit, maximum comfort, excellent pedaling efficiency and even hot-spot prevention. Plus, the dials are easy to use and rebuildable.
SPD/2-Bolt Cleats are most commonly found on Mountain Bike shoes. Look/SPD-SL/3-Bolt Cleats are most commonly found on Road Bike shoes.
Cleats are sold separately or with pedals. Be sure your shoes feature the correct bolt pattern.