Road bikes are ever evolving and ever inspiring. The new 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset offers cyclists everywhere the opportunity to experience superior braking and stopping power to match the speed and stability of SRAM's most popular and versatile 58mm rim depth. Aero has never been so affordable and attainable. The consistency and power of disc brakes provides precision modulation and stopping power, literally at your fingertips. As for speed, the 404 Firecrest is where the Firecrest Revolution began. If you had to choose just one wheel, the 404 Firecrest should be your choice. With a depth and shape proven in all conditions, it’s a classic all-around performer and the standard by which all other wheels are measured. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Tubeless Disc-brake is the durable and versatile 77/177D hubset, which offers options for riders to switch wheels from quick-release to thru-axle without tools.
- Firecrest rim Technology provides world class handling and stability
- 77/177d hubset, with its best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection, all with no pre-load adjustment needed
- Aero performance, durable and Light Weight
- To ensure compatibility with any bike, the versatile 77/177D hubs come with swappable end caps to work with QR’s and thru-axles
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures.
- ISO 4210 compliant. See Declaration of Conformity for details.
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire bead. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Brake Compatibility||6-Bolt Disc|
|Axle||12mm Thru x 142mm , QR x 135mm|
|Inner Rim Width||19mm|
|Outer Rim Width||26.4mm|
|Valve Type||Long Presta Valve 56-74mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|QR / 142 x 12mm / Shimano/SRAM / Black w/Black Decal / 700c||710845810367||00.1918.374.001|
|QR / 142 x 12mm / SRAM XDR / Black w/Black Decal / 700c||710845812996||00.1918.374.017|